- Category: Aid Programs
- Created on Wednesday, March 30 2016
- Written by Veterans Enterprise
Spearheading the effort is NLSLA’s new Equal Justice Works fellow Paula Clamurro, who will focus her work on finding and assisting Vietnam-era veterans who are now eligible to have their discharge status upgraded to “honorable” in recognition of their Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The opportunity is monumental: a status upgrade will allow these veterans—many of whom have experienced homelessness—to apply for life-altering benefits.
Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County (NLSLA) has free legal services for Veterans.
NLSLA can help veterans with:
- Veteran Disability Benefits
- Veteran Pension
- Service Discharge Upgrades
- Expungements / Prop 47 Relief
- Consumer Problems and Workers’ Rights
- Eviction Prevention and Housing Advocacy
- Access to health care
- Family Law and Custody Issues
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Access to Public Benefits
Call our hotline: (800) 433-6251
(Mon/Wed /Fri; 9am – 1pm)
NLSLA has offices located in Pacoima, Glendale, and El Monte.